Thursday, July 15, 2010

Memoir- Will I have a Friend?by Miriam Cohen

Will I Have a Friend? by Miriam Cohen

Illustrated by Lillian Hoban
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's publishing
ISBN-13: 9780689713330

This book reminds me of my first day in kindergarten. I was like Jim, the little boy who was afraid that he will not be able to make any friends on his first day of school. I remembered that when I first went into class, I was confused and worried about how I was going to make friends in a place that I have never been before. All the children seemed to know each other already except for me. I was sitting alone and sobbing. Although I didn't made any friends on the first day.
I remembered that by the end of the year I was one of the more popular ones in class and had made a lot of good friends.
I enjoyed this book very much and believe that this is a very good book for which teachers and parents can find great advice to give their children on how to socialize with people or when their children are having trouble making new friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love how reading this memoir brought you back to your first day of school. What's great about memoirs is that they make you realize that the author is a real person and help you remember memories that have happened in your own life. Because you teach young children, this applies to your life in other ways as well. It would be a perfect tool to use in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete