Monday, June 28, 2010

Multicultural literature

Thanksgiving Day by Anne Rockwell
Pictures by Lizzy Rockwell

Age 2-5
ISBN: 0060277955
HarperCollins Publishers (1999)

I read this book to my three year old students every year when it comes to Thanksgiving. Since the majority of my students are Asian immigrants, this is a great story to teach them some great things about this wonderful holiday. I love this book because it demonstrates the d
iversity of students in today's classrooms and the pictures are very colorful and has details that allow both teachers and parents do discuss and point out to their children. Every year my students love to hear this story over and over again and they also enjoy the illustrations very much. I would recommend this book to all of you if you are teaching young children or if you have your own.


1 comment:

  1. Joyce-
    Please change your text color and increase the size to something more readable for your audience. I like that you mention how you use the book with your students, but you might want to try and write a bit more about the book itself. You might talk about the medium the illustrator uses to render the pictures, why you use this book for your population, etc. Try reading a few of your classmate's blog entries to get a better idea or refer to the rubric for this assignment.

    ReplyDelete